[TRANSLATION] Yoo Seung Ho Interview for NYLON Korea November 2017 Issue

120 HOURS IN HELSINSKI


















  
is the last night in Finland. What did you expect when you first decided to go to Finland?
I did a search on the internet, but there was not much. Whoa, I’m in a big trouble (Laugh). When I go overseas I enjoy watching the people of the country more than shopping and sightseeing. From what I saw and heard I think people in Finland are like all Europeans. Even though the food came out late, they still wait leisurely. And when it’s raining, nobody uses an umbrella. And I liked it more than I expected.
Did you go to sauna?
Eventually. I have not been to the public bath since I was in elementary school. You know why. The Finnish sauna seemed unlikely to go alone, but I guess it would be less fun on my own. I actually had a busy and fun time in Helsinki so I could not even think of going to the sauna.

That's great. Where's the place that you like?
Nuuksio National Park. It was a series of shocks. First, the lake and the forest are so beautiful. The fireplace, the oven and firewood can smoke the fire that was possible to make me shocked, and the grilled sausage that I ate there was so delicious that it was also  make me shocked.

Actually it was sausages and potatoes that you can get easily at the mart (laughs).
Right. The sausage corner was great at the mart we went to. The sausages are cheap and there are many kinds of them. Good scenery and fresh air might have double the flavor. It was the best experience, though.







Do you like Moomin originally?
Yes. In my family, my mom and I like cute and charming (baby-like) characters. I also bought a cup and coffee pot. I hope it won’t break when I arrive at Seoul.

It's been a long time since you took a photo shoot. I wonder why don’t you do it often?
I think shooting overseas is a kind of 'reward'. I can spend such a good time and being able to wear fashionable and beautiful clothes. It’s not that anyone can enjoy the time when they took photos for pictorial. It is a preference in some way. So when my work bad and I was not satisfied with my acting, but there were a suggestion for making a pictorial I feel sorry for the fans and I asked myself ”Do I deserve this now?” However, after I finished filming Ruler, I decided that I could compensate myself.

Aren't you too strict with yourself?
I think that the main character is responsible for the success of the work. In Remember, the audience rating was good and the work itself was well received, but personally, I wasn't satisfied with my performance. It was very difficult because of that point. I also remember that there were suggestions came in for a pictorial at that time but I decided not to do it. The movies were the same.

You're so careful to talk about the movie (laughs).
There is a time difference in drama, and there are some chances to improve. But the movie ends with a shot, and it will be evaluated with the number of the audience. Also, because my two previous movies were not working well, I am very worried. I'm not even confident. But I want to do a movie.

How do you overcome when you regret your work?
I turn into a house stone (only stay at home). (Laugh) I'm staying home alone and assuming that the world is over. Actually, I did not go down to the bottom because one of those works, but now I think it is the worst, and consider on what I can do in the future. Then I found out that I have a chance, and I stand up again.






You are not a style who talk to anyone.
Yes. There is no one to talk. I'm close to the representative of my agency (CEO) and my mother, but it’s only me who know my real feeling.

Now you've been an actor for 20 years. What does it mean to you, Mr. Seung Ho, to do the same thing for 20 years?
What did I do without acting? I do not have much talent, I think I've lived a very ordinary life. Although I have been act for almost 20 years, I still have a lot of roles that I want to do. I have a lot of troubles because of my desire to show a new face. "Yoo Seung-ho has a distinctive feeling of acting".  I want to break that image. The next work will be a work of a different character from Ruler. But without I realize, I will act like I always do. I even think, “Is it time for me to quit from acting?” It's a difficult problem.


Don’t you think other colleagues or senior actors will have similar concerns?
That's right. Everyone is the same as me. (Laugh) although it is an anxiety that doesn’t have an answer, but at least every actor cares about the same thing. Well, If it's income, it looks like income.

In the interview, Seung Ho seemed to be an introspective and vigilant type. But in a strange city, there are many variables and laws, and the occupational boundaries are falling, so in this circumstance we meet as individuals. I was able to see Yoo Seung Ho, a human, for 7 days and 5 nights. (Laugh) I was surprised that you are more assertive and easygoing than I thought.
Other than in the filming set, I think I am an ordinary person. The shooting place is a workplace, and when I get out of there, I live like ordinary people. Honestly what does 'actor' mean in a situation without a camera? Not to mention that people get to know me because of my job. From my childhood, my parents said, "be the youngest". As a celebrity, I can move a little less so I feel comfortable, but I'm more uncomfortable with it. In the pictorial shooting site, the actors, reporters, and staffs are having fun together. It's the right thing to do if the youngest person holds the burden. I am the youngest member of this shooting site, right?

That’s right. (Laugh) Did you go shopping? It seems like you bought a bunch of Moomin.
One hooded tee. The rest is a gift. I was satisfied with what I saw because I did not need much.

Isn’t it too simple? You said you won’t buy clothes that cost more than 50,000 won.
If it's more expensive than that, I think the suit is wearing me. I can’t even move comfortably. Sometimes I get a gift of expensive clothes, I really appreciate it, but I don't wear it.

You have a good job of self-styling that's likely to attract a lot of attention, and it suits your age.
Everyone will laugh if they hear it. You never feel it at all, but I have my own style (laugh). I was the male lead in a movie in middle school, and it was a wandering young man in his 20s.
Jeans, T-shirts, hoodies, and watches must be worn, and baseball caps are upside down. Even now I like to wear clothes that cost 20.000 won. When I went to the hospital, the doctor told me, “What’s that clothes?” and told me to wear something new and buy new clothes. This is new (laugh) anyway I was happy and that was my intention.

It's a fairly difficult fashion (Laugh) so how was the clothes you wore during this photo shoot?
Honestly, I was shocked. This is the first time for me to wear wide pants and velvet pants since I was born. Usually if the size is large, I will use a clothes pin, but not this time. I was like, "Don’t tell me that its going to be like this. Ah, is this fashion these days?" (Laugh). I realized that this 20s man who is free, adventurous and leads fashion is the concept of this pictorial.

Isn’t it a little longer after Ruler end? What have you been doing all along?
After the original work, I did not really do anything. Doing exercise, nothing to do except going to a PC room with friends and watch TV at home. I wanted to do something after Ruler filming end, no matter how much money that I have. So I drove my car and started touring around Gangwon-do. I really liked the car since I was a kid. It was my first time to be busy because of my hobby, but it was really fun.

It sounds so great. Where do you want to go next trip?
Siberia or Alaska. It is a place where you can experience extreme cold.

It really fits with Finland. The winter is long and cold too.
I like winter the best during the season. Alone and lonely feeling. On the dawn of the snowy day, on a road without anyone, when the yellow flame blinks, the mood and feelings. Oh, it's really good. I wonder what winter is like in other countries, and how I feel at that time.




cr: NYLON


FASHION ITEMS
Item:
Adidas Men’s Originals 둜고 λ°°λ””λ“œ 봄버 (Logo Padded Bomber) 
Price: 
269,000 KRW 
Cr: 


Items:
- PORTS 1961 컬러 블둝 μŠ€νŠΈλΌμ΄ν”„ μ…”μΈ  (Color Block Striped Shirt) 667,922 KRW 
- Adidas Men’s Originals μ„œμšΈ ν”ŒλΌμ΄νŠΈ λ‹€μš΄μžμΌ“ (Seoul Flight Down Jacket) in black 359,000 KRW 
- Adidas Unisex Originals 캠퍼슀 (Campus) Shoes 99,000 in black/white/white KRW 
Cr: 

Item:
- Adidas Men’s Originals μ„œμšΈ ν’€μ˜€λ²„ ν›„λ”” (Seoul Pullover Hoodie) in black 119,000 KRW 
- Adidas Men’s Originals μœˆν„° 둱슬리브 (Winter Long sleeves) Pants in black 119,000 KRW 
- Adidas Unisex Originals νŠœλΈ”λΌ λ‘ μ‚­ (Tubular Doom Sock) PK Shoes in black 149,000 KRW 
- Bally Tartan Peak Lapel Coat 297.15 CAD
Cr: 
allstateallplay.ca


Item:
- Adidas Men’s Originals SST Heavy Down Jacket in white 360.00 CAD 
- Adidas Men’s Originals AF 1.3PK Shoes in white 200.00 USD  
Cr: 

Items:
- Adidas Men’s Originals μˆ˜νΌμŠ€νƒ€ ν€Όν‹°λ“œ 프리미엄 (SST Quilted Premium) in purple 149,000 KRW 
- Adidas Men’s Originals μ„œμšΈ ν’€μ˜€λ²„ ν›„λ”” (Seoul Pullover Hoodie) in black 119,000 KRW 
- Adidas Unisex Originals νŠœλΈ”λΌ λ‘ μ‚­ (Tubular Doom Sock) PK Shoes in beige 149,000 KRW
Cr: 

Item:
- Adidas Men’s Originals μ„œμšΈ μ½”μΉ˜ μžμΌ“ (Soul Coach Jacket) in Navy 199,000 KRW 
- Adidas Unisex Originals 캠퍼슀 (Campus) Shoes in Navy 99,000 KRW
Cr: 

 Item:
- Kangol Black Beanie Cap ± 46.55 USD 
- Adidas Men’s Originals μœˆν„°ν‹° (Winter_Tee) in white 69,000 KRW 
- D.Answer Nate Black Leather Jacket 399,000 KRW 
- Adidas Unisex Originals νŠœλΈ”λΌ λ‘ μ‚­ (Tubular Doom Sock) PK Shoes in black 149,000 KRW 
Cr: 

Item:
- NEILL BARRETT μ²­ν‚€ λ‹ˆνŠΈ μŠ€μ›¨ν„° (Chunky Knit Sweater) in 642 Yellow (sold out)
- Adidas Men’s Originals ADC Fashion TP 319.900 USD 
- Adidas Unisex Originals 캠퍼슀 (Campus) Shoes in black/white/white 99,000 KRW
Cr: 

Item:
Adidas Men’s Originals μˆ˜νΌμŠ€νƒ€ ν€Όν‹°λ“œ 프리미엄 (SST Quilted Premium) in black
Price: 
149,000 KRW 
Cr: 

Item:
- NEIL BARRETT Brush Stroke Print Blazer (17 F/W Menswear Collection) 1,575.00 USD 
- Adidas Men’s Originals AF 1.4 PK Shoes in black 160.00 USD 
Cr: 

2 comments:

  1. Alaska??? Aigoo...is it just coincidence or he has really intention to visit the place where KSH was born?? Omo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, KSH was born in Australia. not Alaska 😊
      but on YSH recent interview (Marisol Japan), he said he wanted to go to Australia. He used to always mentioned countries in Europe if he was asked about his travel destination. But suddenly he wanted to go to Australia (after KSH's photoshoot for Cosmopolitan Korea) πŸ˜‚

      Delete