[TRANSLATION] Kim So Hyun Interview for Cosmopolitan Korea July 2018 Issue

🌞 Like Sunshine, Kim So Hyun 🌞

As someone who just turned 20 years old and have 10 years of acting career, Kim So Hyun learned about life a little faster than her peers (the other people with the same age as her). Thanks to that, now apparently she is taking care of her own daily life. She fills the time with more various trips. Among all the places in Queensland, Australia, Kim So Hyun found the Sunshine Coast as the place where she could enjoy the leisure time and romance. The sun shines on Kim So Hyun who’s standing on the wide field. 

Sunshine Coast

I heard you were born in Australia. Coming back to Australia after 20 years, I think you would feel something special about it.
I was still a baby back then, so I don’t remember anything about that, but I guess my mom who gave birth to me here must feel something special about it. That’s why I feel the special feeling as well. And also, this time I found out that Australia is comfortable and warm. Compared to the fast-moving Seoul, I feel Australia is running slowly. I think it would be nice to live here.

I’m also curious with your travelling style.
I haven’t travelled a lot to the point where I can decide my travelling style. But if I have to choose, I think I just love to walk and enjoy the nature. I like to look around and enjoy the trip rather than shopping.  I really looked forward to come here, because I heard that the nature of Queensland is really beautiful.  

When was your memorable moment in Queensland?
I looked around Brisbane the next day after my arrival. It was good, and it’s a charming city. I was so happy just by walking around and watching the people. The nature of Noosa is really beautiful. I was so surprise to see how beautiful it is especially the sky and the sea are colored with orange light at the sunset. When I enjoyed the picnic at Noosa Botanic Gardens, the ducks were walking around freely and the kangaroos were running around in an open field at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.  They aren’t alert even when people approach them. They were just hanging around, so it was refreshing. The people also seemed to be relaxed. My heart was also at ease and I could feel the innocent and pure feelings.  


Noosa Botanic Gardens

You’ve turned 20 years old this year. You have debuted for 10 years, right? Is there any difference?
Only the number has changed, but nothing changed about me. Maybe I feel some restrictions have been removed? I had to be careful with several things in acting back when I was a minor. I think it’s a new start for me in acting and my daily life.

Is there anything special you want to do?
There are so many (things I want to do). My driving license is still a functional one, so I can’t drive on the road. I always said that I want to learn about cooking, this time I really want to learn about it.

I knew it, you must have a lot of interest in cooking. You seem to enjoy your food when you are eating.
I really love eating. I was impressed by the fresh seafood dishes in Queensland. Especially, the raw oyster dish was really fresh and delicious. I think the food itself has the healing power.


Noosa Food and Wine Festival

The <Noosa Food and Wine Festival> was held during your visit in Queensland. Did you enjoy it?
I just turned 20 so it hasn’t been a long time since I tried alcohol for the first time. The alcohol which I tried for the very first time with my mom was wine. So I feel more familiar with wine than other alcohols. I learn step by step about that. I like this kind of casual and familial atmosphere festival. I especially like the program about choosing the right dress code for the party, it looked interesting. I think it was impressive because men and women of all ages enthusiastically prepared their clothes and enjoyed the festival.


Being able to be in a new situation with new looks which different with your usual self is a good stimulus for your daily life, right? As an actress, when you act as a new role/ character, have you ever met an unknown image/ figure?
When I act as a bright character in a drama, I will be in the same mood and condition for 2~3 months, it makes me feel “up”. If my bright side is on level 3, I feel like it’s going up to level 6. When my character is difficult, I still feel down even after I’ve come back as Kim So Hyun. Fortunately, my drama this time <Radio Romance> gave me a lot of bright energy. I think the character makes my inner energy to grow even more.  I want to play a role as a fresh college student who’s at the same age as me.


You bought a book titled <A Dog’s Purpose> at Brisbane Airport. Is that the book that you always wanted to read?
I’ve watched the movie with the same title. It’s a story about a dog named “Bailey” who remembers about his previous life, it’s his 4th life and he leaves to find his owner. You have to try to watch it. It’s so touching, so I really wanted to read the book. I also have to study English, so it will be easier for me to understand my favorite contents.


Sunshine Coast

Reading, real experiences, and advice from people around you. Which one among those things that makes you wiser?
I think my mom’s advices are the biggest influences (in my life), because my mom has experienced everything. I think she has the wisdoms created through the time. Even when I knew it in my mind, when I experienced it by myself for real, I would think “Ah, Mom’s words are true”. I think experience and advice should be going together. Book is only incidental.


I think Kim So Hyun that I met in reality is a prudent and lively person. How do you approach new people?
When I was a child, I gave the meaning to the other’s actions and words. I had many thoughts and my worries grew even bigger. Those things made me had a big distance with other people. That’s why I’ve been trying my best to remove the wall in my mind for years. Now I can talk with the others without any thoughts, and just approach them comfortably.


I’m curious about how do you spend your personal time when you don’t have any activities.
I spend my personal time alone. When I feel like I want to spend my time alone, I don’t do anything. Ah, by the way it’s one of the things that have changed since I turned 20 years old. I think it’s not only for me, but everyone’s homework to relax as much as they live their life fiercely. Everyone lives their life as they keep saying, ‘just do it’, even though it’s difficult. My heart is hurt when I know about that.


I think it’s not about 20 years old, but it’s possible that you realize it when you live your social life for 10 years. Haha. For now, what is the center of Kim So Hyun’s life?
For now, it’s myself. I feel like I loose myself if I keep looking at myself from the other’s perspective. When it happens, it’s so difficult for me even when I get a small wound. I’m trying my best to find out about myself while I’m taking the rest.



Photographer  LEE SOO JIN 
Freelance Editor  KIM SU JUNG 
Feature Director  Park Ji Hyun
Celebrity Model  Kim So Hyun
Stylist  Pyo Hye Yeon
Hair & Makeup  Jang Hae In
Cooperation Queensland, Australia Tourist Commision (queensland.com), Noosa Food and Wine Festival (noosafoodandwine.com.au)


cr: Cosmopolitan Korea
Translated by MsSubak





MY OPINION ABOUT THE INTERVIEW
Just want to share some points. (you can check Seung Ho's Nylon Interview)
💕 Both So Hyun and Seung Ho love looking/ observing the people when they travel overseas
💕 Both don't really like shopping during their trips
💕 They said that they don't really have anything to do when they're taking rest from their works.
💕 They have a problem to approach new people, so I hope from now on they will be more comfortable with the others. because they will always meet new people when they have a new project.
💕 They really love their moms, and Mom is the biggest influence in their life.
💕 They said about the similar thing regarding to their career, it's a new start/ beginning  for them (Seung Ho said in his ELLE Interview)
💕 They enjoy the food and nature when they travel overseas. Just look at how they were describing the food and the nature in their interview 😂
💕 Now, seems like both of them are taking better care of themselves. So Hyun try her best not to always look from the other's perspective. And she do what she wants to do. Same goes to Seung Ho, he tried a new hobby after Ruler (drifting), and he started to make it less strict by giving himself a reward after his hard working. Both of you deserved it!
💕 It's not a new info, but I just want to let you know that So Hyun loves pet/ animals and books (if you know what I mean) 😏

Well, as usual. I don't have to try hard to find connections between them or to make them fit perfectly with each other. 😏💕💕💕




FASHION ITEMS

Items:
3.1 Phillip Lim Deconstructed Button-Down Top in Blue-White 210.00 USD
- 3.1 Philip Lim Paneled Long Skirt in Blue-Black 297.00 USD 
- LOW CLASSIC Leather Draw String Small Bag in Brown 368,000 KRW
Cr: 
3.1 Phillip Lim 1 2

Items:
BUBULEE Flamenco Checked Dress in Yellow 368,000 KRW 
- Mzuu Joli Large Flare Earrings in gold 120,000 KRW
Cr: 

Items:
- & Other Stories Tie Detail Blouse in Off White 110,000 KRW 
- Michael Kors Cropped Flared Jeans + belt
- COACH Women's Tea Rose Espadrille Sandal
Cr: 

Item:
Eudon Choi dress (SS18 E 1027 Ready to Wear Collection)
Cr: 

Items:
- Helen Kaminski Australia Sierra Mini 190.00 USD
- Rachel Cox Sandals_Lua R1732_2cm in Red 138,000 KRW
Cr: 

Items:
- Jill Stuart New York Yellow Flower Lace Silk Long Sleeve Blouse 499,000 KRW 
- APIECE APART Merida High-Waist Denim Short in white 294,905 KRW
Cr: 

Items:
- BLUGIRL Floral Print Blouse 331,364 KRW
- Feiyue Fe Lo Mule White 59,000 KRW
Cr: 

No comments:

Post a Comment